Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, January 8, 2010

    Elvis Presley's 75th Birthday!!



    I've been a fan of Elvis Presley for as long as I can remember (following my mother's strong feelings for Elvis). Obviously, growing up I began to develop my own opinion and I too agreed with my mom that he was an attractive man and great singer/entertainer. Also, the films I have to admit - some are cheesy but if I catch them on TV, I'm hooked! Although, I really do think he was great in Jailhouse Rock - I think that movie really portrayed the actor he was. I have not yet been to Memphis or Graceland but it's definitely on my list of to do's.

    His voice is unforgettable to this day and he broke so many records; broke so many molds. After all these years people still love to hear his music and continue to wonder of all the possibilities that would/could have been if he had lived to 75.

    Today, the Presley family had a ceremony at Graceland to commemorate Elvis' 75th birthday. Ex-wife, Priscilla Presley, daughter Lisa Marie and 2 (out of 4) of his oldest grandchildren, Riley Keough (21 yrs old) and Benjamin Keough (18 yrs old) all attended in honor of Elvis; the son, the musician, the soldier, the entertainer, the husband, the actor, the father, the re-inventor and finally the icon forever.
    I've uploaded some pics of today's events (thank you yahoo & associated press)....