Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 25, 2010

    COREY IAN HAIM

    I know I’m a 2 weeks behind on the loss of Corey Haim but just needed to post something. Another childhood favorite has passed....

    My first Corey Haim movie was Dream a Little Dream, which as a little girl totally fell in love with and my older sister would tell me – you have to check out License to Drive which I remember laughing and watching it with my parents and they too seemed to enjoy it. As the time went by, I finally got to see Lost Boys and Lucas.

    It’s very sad that he left this place so soon and so young, only 38 years old. It’s also very upsetting that people (including musicians and other actors) have died recently due to mixing prescription pills which doctors have provided to these individuals (although Corey’s death could have been caused by enlarged heart & water in his lungs). It’s very sad and tragic. It’s very sad that he did not accomplish all that he wanted and being so young when he was grabbing so much attention. I mean, it’s crazy to think he was drinking beer and smoking weed in between filming Lucas and Lost Boys and that’s where the hysteria began and I remember buying teen pop magazines and he would be on every cover week after week. It’s a lot to grasp for a teenager and obviously Hollywood can be a very sad and lonely place since there have been so many past tragedies.

    If I had to pick my favorite favorite Corey Haim movie, I would have to say it would be Lucas - it was sweet but sad movie. Followed by License to Drive, Lost Boys, Dream a Little Dream and Past Getaway. His lopsided smile definitely was one trademark of his that was undeniably adorable. He will forever be remembered by that smile and by the work he has left behind.


    RIP Corey Ian Haim
    12/23/97 – 3/10/10


    One of my favorite quotes from ‘Lucas’ (1986):
    “I guess everybody has their own idea of fun. Some people go to football games. Other people do less superficial things.”