Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 13, 2010

    Mumford & Sons are a group from London that have been around since 2007 and once I heard the lyrics -- wow, just really wow on the writings of these songs.  I immediately decide I would love to see them live in a small location before they get huge and play in bigger venues but the show next week is sold out!  :(  but hopefully, they will come around again SOON!  Take a listen and let me know what you think -- but definitely listen to the lyrics.So below I've posted videos and a few lines from that song that stood out to me.

    Little Lion Man - "Tremble, little lion man / You’ll never settle any of your scores / Your grace is wasted in your face / Your boldness stands alone among the wreck".Winter Winds  - "We'll be washed and buried one day my girl/And the time we were given will be left for the world/The flesh that lived and loved will be eaten by plague/So let the memories be good for those who stay"The Cave - "It's empty in the valley of your heart/The sun, it rises slowly as you walk/Away from all the fears/And all the faults you've left behind"
    'Awake My Soul' -- can't find an official video but heard this song and the lyrics are just SO great…How fickle my heart and how woozy my eyes/I struggle to find any truth in your lies/And now my heart stumbles on things I don't know/This weakness I feel I must finally show/Lend me your hand and we'll conquer them all/But lend me your heart and I'll just let you fall/Lend me your eyes I can change what you see/But your soul you must keep, totally free/Har har, har har, har har, har har/In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die/Where you invest your love, you invest your life/In these bodies we will live, in these bodies we will die/Where you invest your love, you invest your life/Awake my soul, awake my soul/Awake my soul/You were made to meet your maker/Awake my soul, awake my soul/Awake my soul/You were made to meet your maker/You were made to meet your maker

    'Liar' (i think this one is being my favorite....what can I say? love sad songs)