Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, April 5, 2011

    Kurt Cobain, 17 years later & still missed....

    I can't believe it's been 17 years since Kurt Cobain's death... I had just entered my teen years & totally living off of watching MTV. It was a Saturday, and Kurt Loder had just appeared on my parents' bedroom 13 inch color tv saying Kurt Cobain had died. Of course, I called my best friend and we were glued to MTV the rest of the day, well, all weekend.. that was usually the case anyway, but instead of laughing and watching Real World (when it was really good and real), we were both in tears. And to just remind some of you, when MTV reported it, his body had been found a couple of days after, but he actually died today, April 5th, 1994. 



    Just as other significant musicians or actors... I tend to wonder what they would have been doing or been like if they had lived on to become an old man or woman. Would they still have that glow, that spark, that connected with people then. Would he still be creating music and shying away from the fame and buzz. I have my thoughts and theories, but I'll keep them with me, but I bet you all do. His music was an enlightenment for many reasons for me and I always saw such sadness in his eyes. I appreciate Kurt and the music he left behind... so as I said in March, I will post music from Nirvana every month to countdown to the 20th anniversary of Nirvana's Nevermind, but today, I will add a few more songs & pictures to this post to remember Kurt Cobain.

    I've decided to post a few songs off of Nevermind and MTV Unplugged... enjoy them!






















    A cool video I found...watch the first 4 minutes - pretty cool.


    For those of you were/are fans, hope you enjoy this little dedication to Kurt and for those of you who weren't fans, I hope you have found some inspiration... 'music is everything'!!

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    He was a great artist. He's missed.