Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Saturday, February 4, 2012

    R.I.P. Ben Gazzara....


    Ben Gazzara (born Biagio Anthony Gazzara) passed away yesterday, February 3, 2012.   He was one of those actors that always stood out whether it was television, films or theatre.   He has been in hundreds of films, several theatre shows and did a lot of tv shows, but two films right away stood out for me.  First being the classic film, Road House with Patrick Swayze.   He played the bad guy but he was so much fun to watch as the bad guy!  A classic scene was when he was in the car driving with the top down and he is being a total jerk to everyone in this town and the people around him are struggling to deal with it and he is over here driving around on a sunny day.. life was good for him.



    I've also enjoyed his role in Vincent Gallo's Buffalo 66... he didn't have a lot of scenes, but he always stood out in that film.  Unfortunately I am unable to find a clear video of the scenes I enjoyed but this is was a little movie that is odd, weird but yet intriguing.  I was able to find a clear video of him and Christina Ricci - and the scene just shows a glimpse of insanity that this whole film contained but made you take a pause to rethink what you just saw.   http://youtu.be/2yWEs74FsIM

    Under IMDB he is first credited as an actor in the early 1950s... the legacy he has left behind is amazing and I thank him for his performances and he will be missed!  Rest in Peace...

    No comments: