Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Sunday, February 12, 2012

    Whitney Houston...

    Whitney Houston is one of a few female artists that was a total inspiration to me as a child watching MTV and VH1.  Growing up and watching her videos and to listen and sing along to her songs made you feel good and her voice was SO amazing.  Her voice is one of a kind and if you look around their is NO artist that has a voice similar to hers.  A voice that is simply pure and perfect.. as she used to say 'what other gimmick' does she need.  Her voice was a treasure and unique and a gift from someone above and why not share it.. she didn't have to, but she did.  I will always appreciate her gift of sharing her voice and songs with us all.   2011 brought us much legendary, important, iconic losses in music but to start 2012 losing an icon such as Whitney is hard.   A favorite song would be hard for me to chose, however, favorite movie was The Bodyguard - think I went to the movie theatre four times to see it.   But again, song wise - tough, real tough.  Huge fan of the 80s songs... what I watched a lot of and in the 90s, hello The Bodyguard soundtrack was played out like crazy, over and over.   Really, really great songs and it will be hard to deal with the idea she is not around.   My heart breaks for her young daughter Bobbi Kristina - losing a parent so young is never easy.   My sympathy goes out to her family, friends & fans and just continue to celebrate who she was and the gift she graciously shared with the world.


    'Greatest Love Of All' will always bring me back to school.  Sang that song so many times in my chorus class for school at all special events, graduations, etc.

    'How Will I know' and 'I Wanna Dance With Somebody (Who Loves Me)' - will always take me back to my first childhood memories of music videos and dancing in my house.   I used to attempt to dance and sing like her... those memories will stay with me.

    'I'm Your Baby Tonight' - I love this video... seemed so much fun and wanted to have those cut off jeans and that leather jacket.  And what girl didn't want to dress up and that video was totally cool and fun.

    'I Will Always Love You' - one of the most powerful love songs that I have ever heard.  I knew every word to every song off the 'The Bodyguard' soundtrack.

    Below are some of my favorite videos... R.I.P. WHITNEY HOUSTON















    No comments: