Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, March 30, 2012

    The All-American Rejects - Kids In the Street.... Album Review

    I don’t normally write a full blown review of albums… only have done it for a few. I usually just post the album on my ‘playing on my iPod list’ (on the side of the blog) and list a few sounds that really stand out. But this album, Kids In the Street is by far the best album of 2012 so far!! I have had the album playing in my car since Tuesday night and I just really, really love it. I’m loving it more and more as the days go on. It’s funny, Wednesday, I would have told you my favorite song was ‘Fast and Slow’, Thursday I would have said ‘Kids in the Street’, ‘Affection’ or ‘Walk Over Me’. Today is ‘Out the Door’. I even had to bring it in with me to work… the 30 minute drive to and from work just isn’t enough!
    Looks like I will be playing out this album and promote the crap out of it!

    Anyway – I’m going to break down for you:
    Someday’s Gone and Beekeeper’s Daughter – first videos and singles. Great songs – love it! Beekeeper’s Daughter was just really different sounding from what I thought I should hear from these guys, but I’m glad they surprised me! Sounds real good.
    Fast & Slow – just a super fun song… with the windows down and it was a real nice touch adding Audra Mae on there (she is signed with OneSideDummy Records). She gives a real nice kick to this song.
    Heartbeat Slowing Down – the words and Tyler’s voice really got me on this song. ‘All we had written well, its been erased’; ‘tell me how am I supposed to breathe, losing you is choking me’.
    Walk Over Me – the whole song is just fun.
    Out The Door - love the chorus on this song.. when Tyler Ritter sings ‘I walk out the door’ – just really like that part.
    Kids in the Street – really loved the words on this song. Made me kinda sad (depending on the mood) but definitely puts me back to when I was a teenager with the music blasting, hair in my face and loving every minute, every second of my life at that moment. ‘used to laugh, used to cry’; ‘a glory night is a story saved’
    Bleed Into Your Mind – love the sound and feel of this song. ‘I need you one last time’
    Gonzo – Another good song. Love how during the chorus and right at the end it gives such an impact of get the hell up and enjoy life. ‘we bought the ticket so we’ll take the ride’
    Affection – ‘I need affection’. Who doesn’t?
    I For You – a very rocknroll song to end with the last words, ‘somebody like me… I’d die for you.’ END.

    I bought the deluxe version so I got a few extra songs – demo versions except for ‘drown next to me’.
    Tyler Ritter’s voice sounds so great on this album and I've really enjoyed seeing where this band is at. Been a fan from the beginning but this album has to be my favorite! A nice real mixture of vulnerability, honesty and fun. Sounds so cool and yet sophisticated, which I love.
    They are on tour, but unfortunately, I cannot make the dates or locations they are playing… I’m hoping they put out some more dates. Would really LOVE to see them play this album live! Just feels like it would be a real fun night!

    I will post audio to some of the songs when I get a chance for those who need more convincing! Now… for those who don't need any more convincing & haven’t bought the album yet… GO NOW!

    No comments: