Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, July 26, 2012

    R.I.P. Sherman Hemsley...


    Yesterday we lost another TV iconic actor, Sherman Hemsley.  With his loss, you can’t help but feel additional sadness to the character of George Jefferson.  I thank Sherman Hemsley for bringing George to life.
    I’ll be honest, I only really appreciated The Jeffersons in my mid-20s.  For some reason, the countless times I watched it as a kid – I enjoyed it but I didn’t get certain jokes or statements, but after watching it on late night as an adult, I really discovered how really, really funny it was.  The entire show was just pure TV enjoyment.  I never found it odd that The Jeffersons had an interracial couple as neighbors and friends, but looking back obviously it might have made people nervous or angry for whatever reason.   So besides the show being hilarious, it broke barriers as well. 
    One of my favorite scene was from episode 1 of Season 2.. check it out!
     
    Rest in Peace Sherman Hemsley and again thank you for all the laughs…
     

    No comments: