Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, February 15, 2011

    2011 Grammys - My Favorite Performances!

    The best band/album of 2010 for me personally Mumford & Sons -- it took them to perform on Sunday's Grammys for people to take notice.... i think they gave one of the best, if not the best performance from Sunday's show.   They were joined by Avett Brothers who were awesome as well and the legendary great Bob Dylan, although was not his best performance.  Still had to post...


    The bad rep music genius John Mayer, the soulful Norah Jones and the awesome guitarist songwriter and music lover Keith Urban... honoring the great iconic Dolly Parton by singing her own 'Jolene'.


    One of my favorite rappers Eminem ft Rihanna, the very missed Dr. Dre and the rising star Sklyar Grey singing 'I Love the Way You Lie' (Part II), and "I need a Doctor", new single from Dr. Dre's upcoming new album Detox.


    One of my favorites from country music, miss soon to be Mrs, the cool Miranda Lambert, singing another favorite song from 2010, 'The House That Built Me'.  Even after a year of this song... still get chills up and down my body and takes me directly to my childhood home and memories.... Ah, 'won't take more than a memory'.  


    The eccentric Cee-Lo and the awesome Gwyneth Paltrow singing 'Forget You'/'F*ck You'.


    B.O.B., Bruno Mars and Janelle Monae did a wonderful medley, 'Nothing on You', 'Renegade' and 'Cold War'... different but cool and probably surprised some people.


    The intro of the 2011 Grammy Awards started off with a tribute the legendary Aretha Franklin.  Christina Aguilera, Jennifer Hudson, Yoland Adams, Martina McBride and Florence and the Machine's Florence Welch all sang a few of Aretha's best. These ladies can sing and the entire performance was great and gave me chills... amazing, amazing voices.  



    What a year Lady Antebellum has had... well deserved, well deserved!  They sang a cover, 'If You Don't Me', 'American Honey' and of course 'Need You Know'



    And lastly, Arcade Fire winning album of the year for The Suburbs.  They sang two songs on Sunday night, but the second song they performed is one of my favorites, 'Ready to Start'.  So here you go... 



    I've only left out a few performances, that's how great they were... Rihanna Ft Drake fun performance and I'm actually going to see her over the summer for the Loud Tour which I'm so excited about!  The great band Muse, also a great performance, Justin Bieber's performance ft Usher and Jaden Smith, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga.  They were all good performances but nothing got me as much as the ones I posted above.


    What were your favorites?  

    No comments: