Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 28, 2011

    2011 Oscars....

    Okay, so was anyone else disappointed in Anne Hathaway & James Franco?   Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of both of their work thus far, considering they are so young and they have great film background already, but what happened last night?  They were both being themselves, however, something got lost.  Not sure, if they were being too cautious or what, but something was off.  Maybe I put too much hype in it, being that I'm such a fan for them both...but total fail on my part.  Now the winners were as I expected...this award season has not been too surprising, the same best actress, best actor and director, etc., have been winning all season. Everything else has been either best film, either Social Network or The King's Speech - so not shocked.  Two things I do wish the academy did do is give more recognition to the film, The Town - Ben Affleck directed one hell of a movie and the entire cast (including him) did such an amazing job and happy Jeremy Renner got recognized, I think the movie as a whole deserved more.  Second thing, was Inception, Leonardo DiCaprio totally ignored - he was awesome.  Don't think he deserved the Oscar this year, but definitely worthy of a nomination.  Another fun part of award season is the fashion... some gorgeous dresses last night.   Bold, strong, bright colors and others were simple but classic.   I will post some of my favorite dresses and some of my favorite Hollywood couples.

    These women look gorgeous... some sizzling hot gorgeous and some simply classic and some took more of a chance but pulled it off.  Who was your favorite?
     

     

     

     



     


    Now some of the men I thought looked sharp....
     



    Some of my favorite couples..... and can I say how Kidman is SO pretty.
     

     
     

     Now the hosts...Hathaway had seven changes during the show, I will post my favorite dress, but I must admit my favorite look on her was not during the show but the BEAUTIFUL Red Valentino dress she wore on the red carpet.  On Franco, I liked the tux he closed the show with, as well as the dark navy suit with the blue bow tie and grey buttoned shirt.

     

     

    No comments: