Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, January 24, 2012

    Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan (RELEASED TODAY)

    I just got to listen to a few songs off this tribute album to one of the best poet musicians in rock n' roll history... the iconic Bob Dylan.  Even when I wasn't a fan of a specific song, his voice or lyrics would somehow grab my attention.   I must admit I was pleasantly surprised upon hearing a few of these songs.  I'm not usually a fan of too many cover songs (disappointed with Buddy Holly tribute album last year) - don't ruin a classic song, but there a few songs that really stood out to me and I have posted a few below.. First posted is Ke$ha singing 'Don't Think Twice, it's Alright' - which was a song that the words are amazing but really liked her take on this.  Ziggy Marley covered, 'Blowin In the Wind', the awesome jersey band, The Gaslight Anthem do, 'Changing of the Guards'.  Lastly, Miley Cyrus covered 'You're Gonna Make me Lonesome when You Go' and I have been honest, I was one of those totally annoyed that she was everywhere at one point, but I have to admit her voice sounds perfect for this song.  Thoughts???Well take a listen to these songs and try to sample the rest of the album and go to a store and actually buy the CD instead of downloading it... help the local stores out.














    No comments: