Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 19, 2009

    Album Review -- Jonas Brothers, "Lines, Vines and Trying Times"

    Jonas Brothers have released a few albums within the past few years, however, this is the first album I’ve heard fully and I’m probably going to say it’s a good thing but a bad thing as well. I haven’t seen their progress within a full length album, but certain songs you can hear that they are attempting to gain more adult credit but trying to stay pop enough for the teenager girls that completely adore them. They definitely give it a good try, I mean, they have some great respectable artists, such as Johnny Lang and Common featured on songs, and oh yeah, and I almost forget Miley Cyrus is on one song too.
    There are a lot of songs that have a Motown thing going on and the two songs that I truly enjoyed are the more low key songs, "Black Keys" and "Turn Right", which were both written by the youngest Jonas, which I think he stands out the most. The bonus track, "Keep it Real" is pretty fun.

    This album is not bad and obviously they are getting older and being in the position they are in – they can start testing out the waters and play with ideas and I just hope they continue to expand their music inhibitions. We have all seen that people who start in the pop world can gain respect from the best of us (Justin Timberlake, Christina Aguilera). If you are a fan already, definitely grab this album and check it out. If you are a music fan and are curious because you have enjoyed one or two of their singles (like me) – try it out, maybe you will be surprised.