Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, June 19, 2009

    George Harrison - Let It Roll: Songs of George Harrison

    I literally can still remember the first song I heard by George Harrison and not being aware that he was one of the Beatles (I was very young). The song was, “Got My Mind Set On You” and it was so catchy and I would constantly sing along to it. At that time, I was an avid watcher of MTV with Adam Curry and constantly watching VH1 and VH1 classics or VH1 Pop-Up videos and it was just a great, great song. And it literally has been one of those songs that I hear and it takes me back and I can remember watching the video and thinking how odd is this but yet so damn cool.

    This past April, George Harrison received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame in LA and shortly after, it was announced that a compilation album was in the works and would be released in June 2009. Of course, this announcement was bittersweet but I personally was excited to be able to grab all of his greatest hits and as a bonus the CD would be accompanied by unreleased photos of Mr. Harrison himself.


    The album is a collector’s dream, songs like “What is Life” (another favorite of mine), “Give Me Love (Give Me Peace On Earth)”, “My Sweet Lord”, “While My Guitar Gently Weeps”, “This is Love”, and “Isn’t It a Pity”.

    George Harrison is a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, inducted twice; as a member of The Beatles and as a solo artist. Besides being part of the legendary group The Beatles, he was legendary in his own right and so many continue to hear one song that stands out to them and will feel exactly the way I felt the day I heard his song for the first time! And I just wonder what other songs he would have been so graciously enough to share with us if he had been around today…

    Great collection of music – if you’re a music lover, definitely have to own this!!!