Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, June 21, 2011

    R.I.P. Clarence Clemons

    I just had to post something...been meaning to since I heard the very sad news about losing the great legendary Clarence Clemons. I'm sad in many ways, one, that when I see Bruce Springsteen on tour... Clarence won't be there on the saxophone. Secondly, he was too young and thirdly, it feels as a bit of my childhood memory goes with him. So imagine as I get older, the rest of the E Street Band including Springsteen also get older. I have such fond memories as a little girl listening to Springsteen with my dad and my father pumping up the volume and they are such special moments and memories that are very dear to me. The LOVE I have for Rock'n'Roll comes from my dad... and Bruce Springsteen is a music god, lyrically and musically. For those whose who are fan of E Street Band knows how this will be such a sad cloud but I will remember Clarence forever and will remember the music and the fun he had on stage.... just a real great thing to watch! I called my dad today to make sure he had heard about Clarence and he said, "but he was young".

    I decided to post a few videos I found online that show the amazing Clarence Clemons at his best... R.I.P. Clarence Clemons a.ka. BIG MAN. You have left such a legacy that will NOT be forgotten!!!!
    Rock on all, rock on.....




    No comments: