Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, February 12, 2009

    Oh I almost forgot....

    I'm glad to see that Taken did well for the second weekend in a row. It was #2 this weekend… but still brought in a little over 20 million. I'm really happy about that! I'm surprised the movie Push did not make it in the top 5.. It was #6. Fanboys did not make the top 10 - not totally shocked by this.. I didn't see any promotion for this or any buzz around it.

    The top 5 movies are below:

    He's Just Not That Into You
    Taken
    Coraline
    The Pink Panther 2
    Paul Blart: Mall Cop

    * * *
    Music-wise

    Lily Allen, It's Not You, It's Me - GOING TO BUY IT!
    I actually heard the entire CD and I think this is so much better than the last album. Don't get me wrong the first album was good - there were songs that were new and lyrics themselves were completely different. But this album seems more refined - and she's had a rough year so I think some songs was her way of escaping realty because the album seemed more peppy but you can still hear her attitude and humor in things. I actually really like the title of this album as well!

    Van Morrison, Astral Weeks: Live at the Hollywood Bowl - GOING TO BUY IT!
    In the past two, three months - I discovered the Astral Weeks album and quickly loved it. Growing up, I had known his mainstream hits and some of the songs that were on movie soundtracks. I'm excited to hear this album live and I actually just found out that I'm going to attend one of his shows at madison square garden at the end of this month! So I can't wait for that!!

    In the original Astral Weeks - my top songs, Sweet Thing, Beside You, Madame George, Astral Weeks

    I can only imagine how great this will sound live - if you haven't heard Van Morrison and his soulful voice, just really grabbing and to be honest, i love when a song makes me really think and feel sad, joy or love.
    I'm excited to see on this new album, he has added the song on the concert playlist - Gloria, another favorite of mine. Can't wait!!

    Also, if you love legendary and iconic musicians and need a good greatest hits, purchase Buddy Holly, Memorial Collection; released this week.

    No comments: