Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, February 2, 2009

    Recap of my weekend!

    Taken – GO SEE IT

    So as I said, I was a tad bit apprehensive about watching Liam Neeson tackling an action movie – but let me know tell you a great actor can really play any character. Liam did an awesome job as a simple, loving, kind of a dorky father, but yet paranoid and over protective; for good reason – retired from working for the government to spend more time with his teenager daughter. When she gets kidnapped – you just see this simple man change so quickly. I don’t want to reveal too much, but there was a scene that was very touching and I literally got chills watching his face and seeing his eyes (heartbreaking!).
    My friend and I were both surprised to walk into a packed theatre and throughout the movie everyone kept commenting. Oh and at the end of the movie – people clapped! Yes, which is not very common, but I guess that just shows you what a great performance Liam Neeson did – he carried the entire movie and did a great job. My friend and I decided we are going to recommend this movie to anyone who asks.

    * * *

    Also, I know a few people who saw the Uninvited and they said it wasn’t that scary… but the ending was something unexpected…but suggested I should check it out if I get a chance.

    * * *

    I saw Burn Notice (USA network) – I have to admit the past two episodes haven’t been the best, however, last weeks episode...the last ten/fifteen minutes of the show was incredible! My heart broke and then it was healed and then paranoid – that show is one of the best written shows and the cast does a superb job of playing it out! I can’t wait to see what happens next!!

    * * *

    Did anyone watch the pre-show and the half-time performance? I didn’t catch the pre-show, but did see Bruce Springsteen, who as a singer – Love Him (especially his older stuff). There are some new songs that I have enjoyed but was glad that he ended his set with “Glory Days” – one of my personal favorites of all time!

    * * *

    Oh tonight on Inside the Actors Studio (Bravo) – James Lipton will be sitting down with Anthony LaPaglia (Without a Trace, but also from one of my favorite movie, Empire Records).

    No comments: