Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, February 12, 2009

    Some thoughts...

    Grammy's -- unfortunately, I was a bit under the weather and did not get a chance to see the Grammy's Live, however I did youtube certain performances, such as the great ensemble for the song, Swagger Like Us. I don't think it was the best performance of the night or the best ensemble performance ever in history (remember MTV kid rock, run dmc and aerosmith, or p diddy, sting, faith evans and 112, or p diddy, busta rhymes, Ginuwine, Pharrell & Usher). Sorry, back to Swagger…you have to give credit though - its some of the best rappers/musicians/lyricist of our time. In my opinion, two of them had the best album last year -- T.I. and Lil'Wayne and I honestly enjoyed Kanye West new album.. It was the first album of his that I loved every song. Obviously, Jay-Z is Jay-Z. Oh and gotta give some credit to M.I.A. who singing on her due date…and honestly, I had read some people were like, "is she nuts?" but think about it - when would this opportunity ever come again - with all those great great artists at the grammy's and they want to have you up there - NEVER, so I would have been up there too!

    T.I. and Justin's performance was ok.. I am a huge fan musically of both these guys and really wanted to see more interaction with Justin and T.I.

    Lil'Wayne performance with Robin Thicke for Tie My Hands -- Great job on that one and even got to play more music with the legendary and iconic songwriter and producer, Allen Toussaint and a jazz musician from New Orleans also joined them.

    Obviously, have to see the rest of the performances - Coldplay, Jonas Brothers with iconic Stevie Wonder, and so forth.

    The ratings were up from last year though, 19 million viewers, if I'm not mistaken.
    But how would you have rated them?

    * * *
    Also, can I just make a comment about Chris Brown and Rihanna and the drama circulating around them right now - It's a real sad story and no one deserves to get physically attacked by anyone, especially not a loved one. So I hope the truth is told and that the guilty party faces their demons and tries to take responsibility and try to better themselves and that the victim can heal and live their live to the fullest.

    * * *

    So last night, I caught about the last 30 minutes of the new show, T.I.'s Road to Redemption on MTV. I enjoyed it so much that I decided to watch the beginning when they repeated the show later on. You can watch the episode online, http://www.mtv.com/ontv/dyn/road_to_redemption/series.jhtml

    Definitely try to catch that - it will air every Tuesday evening at 9pm (eastern time) -- in the first half hour; there were clips of his arrest, the shooting where he lost his best friend, and he basically, very honestly describes everything to the viewer. Where his mind was at - how he began hustling and where he is now. He even opens up the doors to his home; you see him interact with his children and his fiancé and his family. He also decided to help out some teenagers and try to help them realize that hustling won't make their lives better. I loved his last album, the music, the lyrics - just really well done and so honest and fun! If you get a chance, definitely try to watch this - definitely worth it!

    That’s all I can think of for right now.. Take care!

    No comments: