Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, February 25, 2009

    Sorry....

    First, let me apologize for the delay in writing to you about all that’s been on my mind regarding music, film, etc.

    I'm going to start by stating that the Oscars was pretty entertaining - I thought Hugh Jackman brought along his charming charisma, class A, genuine personality. It was not too pushed or shoved. I thought he did a very good job! The show itself was pretty good, minor those awards given to contributers who the majority of the audience/viewers don't really care for (I know that sounds mean - sorry!). I watched the Oscars with a few people and we were just anticipating the winners for the final best actor, actress and film and were stuck watching who won for best action, which not to take away from their important job - which I believe is important but from a viewers point - I could have missed. Think about the Grammy's - they are continuously giving out awards to musicians or producers; and some to those we would or would not like to see. Why can't they do something like that at the Oscars?

    I'm happy with who won best actor (sean penn) and best actress (kate winslet); and let's not forget best supporting actor, heath ledger. You could have heard a pin drop it was so quiet when his parents and sister accepted the award on his behalf, which will one day be given to his little girl, Matilda. It is so super bittersweet - truly!

    * * * *

    Oh I saw Friday the 13th…it was definitely frightening and kept me on my toes, which in my world means half of my face is covered either by my own jacket or by own hand and would close my eyes anytime I knew Jason was going to kill one of the characters. It still does not beat out the classics! So if you have never seen the original classics, such as Friday the 13th, Halloween, Nightmare on Elm Street - GO WATCH them!

    * * *

    Also I just read this interesting article on a new pop band with some great musicians from past hit makers -- check it out!

    http://www.billboard.com/bbcom/news/pumpkins-hanson-cheap-trick-fountains-of-1003944450.story

    ~~~

    Oh and I am super excited about seeing Van Morrison Friday night! I've read some of the reviews of his show at the Hollywood Bowl and haven't read one bad one yet! :o)
    There is a clip from his concert at hollywood bowl performing sweet thing, check it out www.vanmorrison.com

    Good listening!

    No comments: