Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, May 13, 2011

    2011 Cannes Film Festival -- Movies & Fashion Part 1....

    Let me just start off with that I was pretty excited when I heard Midnight in Paris was going to open the festival (May 11 - 22, 2011).  Woody Allen is a wonderful director and an icon in the film industry hands down, however, his films for me are 50/50 - either I really enjoy it or just don't like it.  Midnight in Paris looks funny and the cast is pretty cool, you got the funny Owen Wilson, the cool gorgeous Rachel McAdams, plus Kathy Bates, Michael Sheen, Marion Cotillard, Adrien Brody, Alison Pill and the list goes on and on.  Wednesday morning, May 11th comes around and I go directly to entertainment news to see whats been happening in Cannes and I have to say read some good reviews.  Let me clarify something, even if the reviews were bad, I'd still want to see it.  I don't take critics reviews or opinions too seriously - if something looks good to me, I'm going to see it.    But sometimes when critics are loving it, and people listen to these critics, it can raise attention and want to see it once it's released at the box office.  Uma Thurman, Robert De Niro, Jude Law, and some others, are jurors this year, but De Niro is heading the jurors.  



    Another aspect of Cannes that I enjoy, year after year, is the fashion.  Love to see what the ladies decide to wear and the men look so fine in the suits or tuxs... it's just fun to see.  So far this year, some class acts on this red carpet... check out how gorgeous Uma Thurman looked and dashing Mr. Jude Law.
     
    Midnight to Paris cast also did not disappoint, check the guys out as well.. but let me tell Rachel McAdams is just  such a beautiful woman, really.  Also want to point out this is the first time, Rachel has walked down any red carpet with her new boyfriend Michael Sheen (yes, the actor co-starring in this film).  




    And so far there a few more actors that caught my attention, but another completely mesmorizing pretty lady is Diane Krueger accompanied by her handsome but delightful Joshua Jackson.   How stunning does she look?  Really stunning couple...one of my favorite celebrity couples (un-married anyway). 


    Really liked Salma Hayek's dress.. just made for her.   Thought Emily Browning looked young and hip during the photo call for her film, Sleeping Beauty, which is now on my list of 'to watch'.  Another added onto that list was Restless, directed by Gus Van Sant featuring Mia Wasikowska and Henry Hooper (yes, the late Dennis Hoopers' son, has his fathers eyes).   Also, another picture of McAdams and Sheen attending the screening of 'Sleeping Beauty'.  
















    No comments: