Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, May 3, 2011

    NYC's MET Ball/Celebrating the new exhibitt, 'Alexander McQueen: Savage Beauty'

    Year after year, I await anxiously to see the gowns and tuxedos on the red carpet for Met's annual gala.  Off the top of my head, I believe last years favorites were Emma Watson (always gorgeous), Blake Lively, Emma Roberts, Kate Hudson and Diane Kruger.

    This year's gala had a more bittersweet event.. they were honoring the work of the late Alexander McQueen.  A total iconic designer and for me his gowns were always so powerful, bold and just really stunning.  Salma Hayek, one of the co-chairs from last nights event wore Alexander McQueen and so did supermodel Gisele Bundchen, who was accompanied by football star husband Tom Brady, who looked very dashing.



    Emma Roberts and Diane Kruger, both attended last year and both looked so gorgeous (again this year)!



    A few of NY's celebrity fashion addicts and icons who all looked amazing....
     

     

    Sarah Jessica Parker, the cool Liv Tyler, the NY actor-couple Maggie Gyllenhaal and Peter Sarsgaard, and lastly Ashley Oslen.  Which I have to admit, I really love.. something about her dress is so enchanting and possibly homage to a certain time in history?
    The following are some elegant dresses and a handsome young man....the young lovely Kristen Stewart, another young actor but from Hollywood royalty, Max Irons.   Renee Zellweger always so stunning (hate to keep using this word, but really stunning).  
    .



     Naomi Watts just so pretty, iconic supermodel Iman (just hello, c'mon she is up there in age and let me tell you - just gorgeous!  David Bowie is a lucky iconic musician) and Brooklyn Decker wearing a bold, bold pink dress.  I say bold twice, just because she is totally rocking the crap out of that dress in that color - not many can do that.


      

    The following are some that took a bit of a chance, but something about their gowns, I like and thought it deserved a second glance!   A childhood favorite actress for me, Christina Ricci, another young actress from a Hollywood family, Rumor Willis, voluptuous Christina Hendricks (love the bronze theme) and Mia Wasikowska.  I've also included Mary-Kate Olsen just because I think her make up (not the dress-sorry) is perfectly done and Olsen twins are gorgeous girls and are fashion legends already for their young age.   




    And lastly, my favorite, FAVORITE and most attractive gown and this is the second time I have said this about this actress, flawless makeup.  Dianna Agron is wearing a wonderfully made dress by the very cool super designer Michael Kors.   

    I want to thank www.people.com and www.justjared.com for posting the pics as soon as they were available!  And I totally recommend going onto their sites to see ALL the pics of last night's gala... and let me know if you have a favorite, or if you think I overlooked someone.    

    No comments: