Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, May 19, 2011

    Redlight King - 'Old Man'

    I can't believe Neil Young actually allowed someone to sample his music. But this reminds you why Neil Young is a full blown musician.  His priority is always about the music and from what I've read, Kaz (RedLight King) asked him to hear the song and Neil Young heard it once and said yes.  Which is really unheard of for Neil Young - I really believe this is the first time he has allowed anyone to sample his music.  I think this song is well done, I think it brings Young's 'Old Man' original into a nice modern place without taking it somewhere its not cool and destroying the point of the original classic song.  Both songs are about struggles and looking back and it just fits really well and I think its a really great way to show respect/love of the music and of Neil Young.  I think Kaz/Redlight King definitely showed his music ear well and also showed his personal respect to Neil Young.    Redlight King is released an album this summer called, Something for the Pain.
    A bit of the lyrics from 'Old Man' that really struck me
    Start again, never breathe a word of his loss
    Cause it's not about winning
    It's the rivers you cross
    And the pain that you feel
    Could be the fuel that you use
    And if you're in need of direction
    Be it the path that you choose
     My old man is a legend.

    http://redlightkingmusic.com/

    No comments: