Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, March 31, 2009

    Duplicity - WAIT, possibly rent it

    Over the weekend I saw a movie with Julia Roberts and Clive Owen, called Duplicity. When these two are together on screen, they have chemistry and together they are funny but something got lost in translation. I thought maybe at first it was just me, sometimes I don't "get the joke" but no, i went with 2 friends and they both were disappointed. I never realized how thin Clive Owen really is...wearing suits in the movie the entire time, his legs seemed so long and lean. Julie Roberts has this wonderful, joyous laugh, but unfortunately, it didn't save this movie. During the movie, I went online via my blackberry, checked my messages, reminded my friends I need to stop for gas on the way out. It was just a long unfunny movie; there were moments were we did laugh but something just didn't click. Paul Giamatti and Tom Wilkinson were great as well but its just something about the movie - it just didn't flow right. If your a fan of any of these actors, wait until the movie is released on DVD - go watch another movie.