Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, March 12, 2009

    Few things...

    All morning i've been listening to the Yeah Yeah Yeahs new album, It's Blitz! and i gotta say - it's pretty darn good! I'll provide more input once i've heard the entire thing, but so far i'm glad i got it!

    * * *

    Now the following thing, I know some people are in the dark and others are completely obsessive about this thing, but then there is someone like me who is kind of in the middle regarding the whole Twilight Saga. I actually discovered these books by Stephenie Meyer last spring and even pre-ordered breaking dawn (book #4 of the saga).

    I discovered the books after I saw the teaser trailer for the movie Twilight (which became a massive hit) and it stated that it was based on the best-selling book so I ran to the closest book store and purchased the book. The books were easy reading and I am not a huge fan of anything that is not fact based books (I LOVE reading biographies). However, these books grabbed my attention and i didn't want to put them down ever - they were that good!!

    When the movie was finally released i went in with low expectations just because the books are SO good and i was right, the movie itself wasn't the best movie released in 2008, but it wasn't the worst either. What made the movie was the chemistry between Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson - they hypnotized the audience everytime they were seen together. So now i've became a fan of this Robert Pattinson...obviously Kristen Stewart has been around awhile (Panic Room, the Messengers), but Pattinson has been relatively unknown (he played Cedric in the Harry Potter films).



    I think he has potential... so anyway, the point is that he is on the cover of GQ's April edition... here is the link, read and enjoy the slideshow!

    http://men.style.com/gq

    While on the GQ website, i discovered they had a list of the 20 best record stores in the nation.. and since lately they have been scarce - this is a reminder to start shopping more at record stores again - now more than ever! Just scroll down on the main page and you will find it....