Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, March 18, 2009

    It's Blitz!

    It’s Blitz! by the Yeah Yeah Yeahs is fun, interesting and could be the best album to date. I have been a fan of theirs since the single Maps off their first full album, Fever to Tell. And their sound has always been very distinctive but this album seems different but Karen’s voice for me is without a doubt one of the best of recent years for a female in rock n roll. The sounds are easily detected as different compared to their past albums – the sounds are funky and yet reminiscent of older times and this album has some slow paced songs and some fun. With Karen O, the drummer Brian Chase and guitarist Nick Zinner – they have created a new album for the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, which definitely deserves recognition.

    The first released single was "Zero" (one of my favorites off this album), which the first time I heard it; I knew it was the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Other favorites; "Heads Will Roll", fun, upbeat and when Karen O screams out Off With Your Head/Dance, Dance till your Dead, or "Dull Life" – how it starts kind of low and then all of a sudden you catch yourself singing along trying to raise your voice to sing along. "Dragon Queen", very 80s retro, as she utters, My Mouth/Is Touching/Your Mouth; or "Faces", when she sings very calmly, If its going to be at all/it’s going to be with you. My copy of this album contains four acoustic versions of the softer songs, "Soft Shock", "Little Shadow" and "Skeletons". Definitely worth while to purchase this and don’t forget to try to purchase this album at a local record store…..


    Check out the video for Zero....

    Zero - Yeah Yeah Yeahs

    and then my top favorite song off their Fever to Tell album:

    Maps - Yeah Yeah Yeahs