Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, May 7, 2012

    Rest in Peace, Adam 'MCA' Yauch (Beastie Boys)


    Beastie Boys is another band that I discovered as a kid and sang along to each hit, but later on, probably in my late teens, I really grasped the greatness that these three New York guys contributed to the rap/hip hop world.  Besides all the great hits, some of real favorite song are 'Girls'.  Heard it almost ten years after that song was released and heard it in Europe actually and the guys I was hanging out with played that song at every house party and it just brings a lot of good fun memories.  
     
    Adam Nathaniel Yauch, also known as MCA, was one of the three guys who changed the rap/hip hop industry and sadly passed away – way too young. 
    Besides being a great rapper, songwriter, he later on did some film directing.  He was a son, husband, father and philanthripost and a friend.  I have always read that Adam was one of the most sensitive guys you would ever be lucky to meet.  Just a real nice, caring guy.  
     
    My heart breaks for his family because he was so young and his daughter is so young, but his kindness, his music, his foundation will continue.   My heart also breaks for the remaining memebers of the Beastie Boys, Michael Diamond (Mike D) and Adam Horovitz (Ad-Rock), just thinking of all that these three guys have shared since late teens/early 20s… their shared memories, heartaches, joys they have shared together as a band can never be taken away.  I hope they find closure in those moments that will last forever.  And as an outsider, as a fan, their legacy will continue, just as Adam’s kind heart and music talents will continue for decades to come.    Rest In Peace Adam, MCA (1964-2012).

    No comments: