Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Friday, September 9, 2011

    Upcoming Music Albums for the remainder of 2011...Can't wait to hear.

    I'm looking forward to some album releases that are coming our way in the next few weeks into the end of the year.  Some of my own personal excitement to hear the following albums:

    Coldplay - Mylo Xyloto:  This is one group that I literally always buy and never regret - ever since I heard and saw the video for 'Yellow' back in 2000.  Even if one album is better than the other, but there are always a few songs that I connect to.  Never fails - this is one of my trust worthy bands in the past decade.   I recently saw their performance on Jimmy Kimmel and heard the song called, 'Charlie Brown' and loved it.   I can't wait - I was going to buy their album regardless, but now getting antsy but luckily don't have to wait to long.  Anyone else excited?     Unfortunately, I haven't been able to see them play live, but am definitely going to try; heard they might do a tour in the Spring of 2012.. fingers crossed!


    Lady Antebellum - Own the Night:  Okay, so I remember posting their performance back in November 2009 of 'Need You Know' and showing the video clip to all my best friends because it was a great song and wonderful performance.  Obviously they performed that song at other award shows that following year but that was the first and my favorite.   However, that song took off for them and that single was playing everywhere, on all kinds of radio stations and now they are going to release this new album.  The first single, 'Just a Kiss' is a hit already so I have no doubt this album will do real well.  They have released preview clips of them recording a few songs and they sound real good; 'When You Were Mine', 'Friday Night', 'As You Turn Away', 'Somewhere Love Remains', 'Singing Me Home' and 'Love I've Found in You'.  The video below is the just second video for this album, 'We Owned the Night'.



    Blink 182 - Neighborhoods:  Ah, my fun punk band... how I missed these guys.  These guys have always been very cool and fun - ever since I heard, 'Dammit' in the wonderful teen film, Can't Hardly Wait - I was pretty much hooked with their pop punk sound.   They have had such great hits and have done real well, but in 2005 they went their separate ways but reconnected after drummer Travis Barker survived a plane crash (you guys probably all still remember that).  They are finally releasing this new album and they have released the audio for the first single, 'Up All Night' - really glad that they are back!


    J. Cole - Cole World: The Sideline Story:  Okay, love, love 'Who Dat' song & video.. thought he sounded real good and it sounded fresh, but saw him perform live - he opened up for Rihanna's concert this summer and some songs were, I don't know, I wasn't really feeling it.  But Jay-Z heard him and signed him right away onto his label and I respect Jay-Z and I think he saw something in him - so definitely curious to see what happens.   The thing I really liked about J. Cole - when I wanted to find out who this guy was after I saw the video for 'Who Dat' and when I read interviews and read up on him, I mean, gotta give this young man some credit, he is VERY hands on of his material and his much love for the music and I gotta like him for that.  I heard he has some good collaborations so can't wait to hear more out of this album, but below is the first single/video, 'Work Out'.  Let me know what sample(s) you hear??


    Drake - Take Care:  I'm a little surprised that Drake would be releasing a new album so close to have released his debut album, Thank Me Later, but this album is also very much anticipated.  There are a few songs out there, that he himself has released.  Of course on this new album, there will be a few collaborations but I have read that he supposedly said for this album, he was able to take more of a step back and listen to the music completely.   I wonder if he was disappointed in his first album?   Anyway, I like Drake, I think he is very open, emotional, strong and the love of music always inspires me.  Here are two songs of a few that have been released, 'Marvins Room' and 'Headlines' - check them out.



    Other bands that might release something this year is Kelly, Clarkson, Florence and the Machine, Jane's Addiction, Lou Reed & Metallica, Demi Lovato, The Roots, Wilco and Young Jeezy - curious to see what they got.   Most recently, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Blue October, The Red Jumpsuit Apparatus and Lenny Kravitz all released new albums - hope you guys went and bought those!   Please try to buy some albums at local record stores... trust me, I totally get the convenience of downloading off amazon or itunes, but we as people have the tendency of missing things once its gone - help in making a stop at a local store to buy the albums.

    No comments: