Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, July 19, 2011

    Continuation of Nirvana's Nevermind 20th Anniversary...

    Finally at the end of last month (June), we got confirmation that there will be a deluxe reissue of Nirvana's Nevermind and I don't know about you, but I can't wait!!!     This is really exciting for me, they are saying possibly a 5 disc reissue.  Here is a little article from Rolling Stone Magazine and Dave Grohl said they might have some stuff planned for the anniversary - so thats exciting.  As I've mentioned in prior posts, September is the month of the original release date...and I'm actually going to see Foo Fighters live in September... which now I'm a little more excited about!  
    http://www.rollingstone.com/music/news/nirvana-celebrates-20th-anniversary-of-nevermind-with-deluxe-reissue-20110622

    For this month's countdown to the anniversay... I decided to post two songs from Nevermind.  Both songs are fun to sing-a-long to!  First is 'Drain You', followed by 'Polly'... both are just fun to me and then I decided to post an unplugged, 'Something In the Way', which is also on the Nevermind album.



    Something about Kurt's voice during MTV Unplugged, was just really magical to me and how he sounds on 'Something In the Way'.  I didn't post the original version off of Nevermind (maybe on another post), but here is the unplugged performance and lyrics.

    Underneath the bridge

    My tarp has sprung a leak
    And the animals I've trapped
    Have all become my pets
    And I'm living off of grass
    And the drippings from my ceiling
    It's okay to eat fish
    'Cause they don't have any feelings

    Something in the way, mmm
    Something in the way, yeah, mmm

    1 comment:

    Anonymous said...

    Can't wait to see the final track listings