Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Wednesday, July 6, 2011

    Jim Morrison... it's been 40 years since his death.

    With the 4th of July weekend...I forgot to post my dedication to the great Jim Morrison.  It's been 40 years since James Douglas Morrison (7/3/1971) has passed away and it's crazy to me to see how he still has such an impact on people. Of course, his music, the band, The Doors are legendary, and the two of the three remaining band mates, Ray Manzarek, Robby Krieger still tour and they were actually in Paris and went over to visit Jim's grave on the morning of July 3rd. (Not sure what drummer, John Densmore is up to these days.)   However, the cemetery were full of fans, loyal fans from all over.   If you go to www.youtube.com and search 'Jim Morrison' you will find a bunch of videos.

     
     Growing up I had heard their songs, but didn't really discover The Doors or Jim Morrison until my early teens, probably 13 or 14 and I was totally mesmerized by Jim Morrison, something about his eyes and his face... it's like he wants to breath you in.  I don't know something about him was very enchanting and mysterious to me. Even now, looking over videos and decided which ones to post... still has this weird sense to me.  I've also included some of my favorite quotes by him.  It's strange, that idea of what if he was still alive.   Would he had just faded away in his poetry and writings, maybe directing.  Would he be touring or still be involved in music?  I don't know... either way, I appreciate his words, his music, his performances and honor the mystery of a man. R.I.P. Jim Morrison





    "The future is uncertain but the end is always near." 


    "Expose yourself to your deepest fear; after that, fear has no power, and the fear of freedom shrinks and vanishes. You are free." 


    "The most loving parents and relatives commit murder with smiles on their faces. They force us to destroy the person we really are: a subtle kind of murder." 


    "I like any reaction I can get with my music. Just anything to get people to think. I mean if you can get a whole room full of drunk, stoned people to actually wake up and think, you're doing something." 

    No comments: