Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Thursday, August 25, 2011

    Aaliyah -- it's been 10 years

    It's strange but I can still remember where I was when I heard about Aaliyah's death over the radio.  I remember thinking, no way, it must be a bad, terrible, dumb rumor.   But unfortunately, it was true and Aaliyah had passed away at the age of 22.   But in the years that she was doing what she was so happy in doing - she accomplished a lot.  I don't think any R&B/Urban Pop singer out there has come close.   Don't get me wrong the singers out there now (most of them) have good voices and they are doing their thing but Aaliyah was special.  Something about her... but anyway, just wanted to remember her today and post some of my favorite videos and songs... and she had so much to pick from and some awesome collaborations so added some of those too.  But here you go... and the very last video just gave me chills and got me all teary.    We still missing you, Aaliyah Dana Haughton.  

    No comments: