Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Monday, August 15, 2011

    And the Nirvana Nevermind Countdown continues...

    One more month until the official 20th Anniversary... I can't believe it!    It's embarrassing to say, I wasn't even in my teens when Nevermind was released.  But it didn't take long for me to fall for this band and for the lead singer and after all this time be a complete fan still.  

    I'm still in complete amazement by the sound of this band and I always wonder would I feel this way if Kurt was still around.  Would I feel so close, so protective, so easily pulled like a magnet to this band? Or would 'the band' somehow eventually ruin it for me?  I've thought of this several times with various scenarios, but at the end... Nirvana was an iconic band.   Nirvanas' Nevermind changed the game... iconic album.  Kurt Cobain an icon and legend.  

    So I've noticed that one of the videos from one of my previous posts was removed... and it is one of my favorite songs from the Unplugged album - so I had re-post the song, 'Jesus Don't Want Me for A Sunbeam'.
    I've also posted one of the funnest songs off Nevermind album... 'Stay Away' just a fun sounding song to me.  I've included some of the lyrics (written by Cobain) above the video.

    One more thing, over the weekend while I was running around my house, I caught a song playing in the background and the lyrics caught my attention... I hear 'Come As You Are' but it's not Kurt's voice and definitely not Nirvana sounding.  I of course ran to the TV, but missed who was singing, more like covering my Nirvana.  Who is this?  So after much research, I finally found her last night before going to bed.  Her name is Yuna and she has stated in interviews that she has always loved that song and she would often play it when she was live and decided to record it since the song means so much to her.   So check it out and let me know what you think?
    And until next month... enjoy!


    Monkey see, monkey do
    (All right)
    Rather be dead than cool
    (All right)
    every line ends in rhyme
    (All right)
    less is more, love is blind
    (All right)

    Stay
    Stay Away x3

    Give an inch, take a smile
    (All right)
    Fashion shits, fashion style
    (All right)
    Blow it out, keep it in
    (All right)
    have to have poison skin
    (All right)

    Stay
    Stay away x3

    No comments: