Twitter Updates

    follow me on Twitter

    Tuesday, August 9, 2011

    Demi Lovato -- Elle Magazine....


    Okay, so I'll be the first one to admit that I'm a little hesitant giving 'Disney' artists a chance... don't get me wrong, I'm a huge fan of the Disney icon and legend, but sometimes the actors/pop artists that come out of there are a little too bubbly for me.  Not real enough... too super clean.  However, Demi Lovato is one of those artists that I heard her voice a few years back and I was like wow, she has talent and has a beautiful face and an addictive laughter - but thats it, never really read up on her or investigated more about her.  Last year though she got my attention, she willingly checked herself into a women's rehab center and was super honest with her fans and media on the reasons why.  To be so young and to deal with issues of bulimia, anorexia, cutting and fighting depression she was 7 or 8 years old is so sad, but once she checked herself in she was diagnosed with bipolar disease.  She spent a few months until she felt ready and decided to leave the Disney show she was on to concentrate on herself and her music - being in front of a TV, film scared her.  I give her a lot of credit for sticking to her honesty of the good and pain that she has to overcome to be where she is now.  She seems to be in a good place... and Elle magazine did an article on her and a photo shoot and I just wanted to share her story and the slideshow that Elle magazine put together is just really stunning... check it out.

    Demi Lovato Interview on ELLE.com

    Demi Lovato Photo Shoot on ELLE.com


    www.elle.com

    No comments: